Monday, May 12, 2008

Favorite Mothers Day Gifts

  • A card addressed to : The One Who Gave Me Brith" from Sara
  • A birthday card from Steve.
  • Lovey notes from the boys with hearts and flowers.
  • Kate lying on the couch being incredibly attentive when it was costing her much discomfort AND she wrapped presents for me AND she listened to all my babbling and showing her stupid stuff.
  • James making a Ring Toss game out of Knex for me when he was in his bedroom for a timeout and could have spent the time pouting. Also, he picked up some raw onion from the floor, got the taste in his mouth and was just fine with it!
  • Ra - taking the solo at her concert in St. Croix Falls on Saturday and singing it to me. A soul stirring moment. She also called me Sunday night and listened to my ridiculous babbling. My girls are so good.
  • Peetie - spending so much time decorating the paper bag for his homemadey gift that he didn't have time to finish the gift. The bag is a yellow and black plaid that must have taken a long time to do.
  • The outer-space-looking purple/blue hydrangeas from my boys.
  • The cool bird bath that's on its' way.
  • My mom opening her gifts like she's never gotten any before. She also threw me an unexpected compliment; she called me "such a good shopper". I'll take that.
  • A delicious rib dinner with potato salad to rival mine. Topped off with a Baileys Chocolate Mousse (prononced "moose-say" according to Peetie) cake. James trying the penne pasta and chowing it down; AND corn on the cob, AND ice cream. He said, " I don't think I've ever eaten so much in my life!" He was relaxed and happy about food.
  • Watching the Survivor finale with Unkie.
  • My annual phone call from Fran - we share motherhood in a way only we understand.

I am embarrassingly spoiled.

No comments: